Facts and figures about South Tyrolean herbs
Cultivation and history
Here are a few facts about the world of South Tyrolean herbs:
- The professional cultivation of herbs and spices in South Tyrol began 30 years ago.
- About 40 ha of ground are now used solely for cultivating herbs.
- About 10 producers grow South Tyrolean herbs and spices with the seal of quality.
- The herbs grow more than 500 meters above sea level, far away from urban areas and main roads.
- 300 days of sunshine every year guarantee that the aromatic plants have the light and warmth they need for optimum growth.