Facts and figures about South Tyrolean berries
Cultivation and strawberry seasonHere are a few facts about South Tyrolean berries…
When can you get strawberries in South Tyrol?
- Total cultivation area: approx. 200 ha
- The fields where they are cultivated are situated between 500 and 1,800 meters above sea level.
- Approx. 100 farmers grow berries as a sideline.
When can you get raspberries in South Tyrol?
- Strawberry season: June to September
- Quantity produced: 1,000 t
- Strawberry festival: this celebration of strawberries takes place in the Martelltal valley every year at the beginning of the strawberry season.
- One 150 g portion of strawberries supplies the recommended daily amount of vitamin C.
- 100 g of strawberries contain only 33 calories.
- Raspberry season: end of June until mid-October
- Quantity produced: 70 t