Practical tips for South Tyrolean berries
Enjoy strawberry recipes
Here are a few practical tips on how to preserve the fragrant aroma of strawberries and raspberries until consumption. There are also a few tricks you can use to preserve the valuable nutrients while preparing the raspberry and strawberry recipes. The fruits can also be frozen so that they keep for longer. Find out more here… Buying and storing berries
Enjoying strawberries and raspberries
- Make sure the berries are fresh when you buy them: the sepals should be fresh and green. The fruit must not be damaged.
- Once you get the berries home, keep them cool at about 1°C.
- Eat the fruit quickly, because it tastes better fresh.
- Strawberries and raspberries lose their aroma during storage.
- Strawberries and raspberries can be frozen to preserve them for longer. They can be stored in the deep-freeze for up to a year.
- The right way to freeze the berries: first place the fruits next to each other on a plate or baking tray and leave in the deep-freeze for a couple of hours. Only then should you put them in a freezer bag.
- Do not wash and prepare until immediately before consumption!
- Wash the fruits in a bowl of water. Avoid powerful jets of water as they may harm the fruits.
- Do not remove leaves and stalks until after washing, otherwise valuable nutrients will be lost in the water.
>> Click here for tasty raspberry and strawberry recipes