South Tyrolean milk and dairy products
Quality right from the source
Daily freshness guaranteed
- South Tyrolean milk comes directly from South Tyrolean mountain farms.
- The animals are kept in optimum conditions
- The entire production chain from feed to processing is guaranteed free of gene technology.
- The short transport routes and daily milk collections ensure absolute freshness.
- The quality of South Tyrolean milk is safeguarded by regular checks.
South Tyrolean freshness begins on family farms with an average of 12 cows each. Every day, the mountains farmers at 800 to 2000 m above sea level make sure that their South Tyrolean milk gets from the cow to the refrigerator within 24 hours. A harmonious combination of innovative technology, tradition and authenticity: this is what makes the South Tyrolean dairy industry so special. The variety of dairy products: yogurt and co.
Milk is the basic ingredient of many tasty dairy products. Milk is used to manufacture yogurt, butter, cream, quark, mascarpone and ricotta. Yogurt, for example, is an indispensable part of our cuisine. Yogurt is used as salad dressing, a cake ingredient and as an ingenious sauce thickener. Say cheese!
South Tyrolean milk is naturally also used to make cheese. South Tyrol has over 90 different types of cheese. The most famous ones include Dolomiti, Alta Badia and Pustertaler mountain cheese. Stelvio cheese bears a guarantee of European origin (Stelvio PDO = protected designation of origin). Mozzarella is an outstanding delicacy, especially in summer. >> More about South Tyrolean milk and dairy products at www.suedtirolermilch.com